Tuesday, July 3, 2012

One Hundred Degrees, Packing Tape, and Rocks.

I'm hoping the fireworks display will continue despite the horribly high temperatures we're having. I might go to the fair with a friend if the weather permits, but no promises. The high temps are killer and no one wants to be outside. Right now it's hoovering around 100 degrees and it's only going to get hotter. Our air conditioner is not really cooling anything and at one point I took the hamster out of her cage and held her in front of the air vent and fan to cool her off. She seems to realize how hot it is and lays sprawled out on her house to cool herself instead of burrowing under bedding. The cats are sprawling on the floor too. Particularly around air vents. The grass is all dead/dormant, and our plants are suffering greatly.

           I dropped the hamster's cage bottom on the floor yesterday while I was cleaning it. The accident resulted in some very large cracks on the side which Dad taped with packing tape. That cage is brand new and expensive, so I'm really disappointed.

          Today we visited the Geology Museum in Madison to get out of the heat. There were some really cool rocks and fossils. Then we went to an art museum and saw some really disturbing paintings with nude people in them. Wow, right?

          Well, sooner or later I'll call my friend to see if we're going to the fair, but otherwise, nothing new. See you later.

No comments: