Monday, August 13, 2012

Horses, S'mores, and School Supplies

         
          Even though I have repeated the title format twice, I still think it sounds cool. Today was uneventful as I was supposed to go on an awesome trip to six flags with my friend and she cancelled at the last minute. As disappointed as I was, I still made it through the day. Today is the first Monday since Julia and I got back from our week at Grandma's. We had lots of fun, including going to my aunt's friends house to see her new horses. Their names are Bree and Bentley. They are very pretty and only 1 year old each. We can't ride them yet though, considering that they are so young. We also had a bonfire, and made delicious s'mores. By the way, here's something to think about; when's the last time you had a s'more?

Now for the school supplies.

          It's that time of year again, the time when all the parents go to the store and pick out pencil cases and 9-pocket portfolios for their kids to fill up with endless homework, cover with dirt, drop several times, and tear the cheap plastic fronts on endless places. By the end of the school year some supplies is unrecognizable because of all that damage. I know the feeling, as I have to reuse most of the stuff on my list this year. We went shopping at Walmart the other day, filling our cart with over $80 worth of pencils, folders and note cards. I still cannot find my old locker mirror, and I have to find it if I want a mirror in my locker. (I REALLY want a mirror.)

 I spent the day today at home, entertaining my cats and sweeping the floor.
 I hope your day was more fun than mine.





No comments: