Sunday, February 10, 2013
Rabies the King
My cat Rabies likes to come into my room and sleep on the pillow next to me at night. I usually call him up by tapping my fingernails sharply against the door frame a few times. He hears the clicks and comes running. Tonight I tapped the frame, then got under the covers and waited. He came. I waited for him to come in, but he didn't. He stood in the door and waited. He meowed a few times, still waiting. I patted the covers, called his name, but he still wouldn't come. He stared at me with pleading eyes. Oh, I get it. He wanted to be carried in. If he could talk, this is what he would say. "My delicate paws are too fragile to walk all those 3 feet to your bed. My mommy Allie will carry me if I meow enough." I am the idiot. I caved, got up, and carried the spoiled cat in. Spoiled cat. Then he'd say, "I am the king of this house, and you know it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment